We are looking for an experienced research engineer to help us build advanced tools, leverage cutting-edge technologies, and make a tangible impact on education. You will be a full time member of our Amsterdam based team.
At Wizenoze you will work on our products for teachers to discover and share inspiring content that aligns with their learners’ curriculum, language skills, age, and ambitions, creating barrier-free learning opportunities. Our platform offers the world’s largest library of trusted resources, carefully matched to specific curriculums. Educators can review and customize these resources, tailoring them to the learning outcomes they desire.
As an engineer you will build advanced tools, leverage cutting-edge technologies, and make a tangible impact on education. You will be a full time member of our Amsterdam based team.
Join our passionate team and revolutionize education, one line of code at a time.
As an experienced research engineer, you will be part of the science team, working on new technology to collect, classify and organise information. You will build machine learning, natural language processing and information retrieval models to sort the content by reading age, content type and educational value. You will analyse content to find smarter matches and better connections between documents. Your job will be driven by data and input from the product team. All improvements come from a deeper understanding of user needs, usage data and customer feedback. We have expert users on the curator team who provide another level of input to our algorithms. The close cooperation between these teams make this an exciting role in which you can really make an impact.
- Build products that impact educators and learners globally
- Design and pick the best ML models for a host of tasks (quiz generation, lesson plan generation, learning objective classification, etc); using prompt engineering where we can and fine-tune/retrain the models where that brings more value.
- Investigate, develop, test and maintain state-of-the-art Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval technology
- Work with large amounts of online educational resources
- Actively contribute to the development of the science and product roadmap
- Collaborate with product to find creative solutions for user needs and product features
- Collaborate with curation to combine human and machine intelligence to source and label content
- Effectively communicate results
- Passionate about science, technology and education
- MSc or PhD in Information retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or related field
- Deep understanding of LLMs, Machine Learning and modern AI
- Professional experience solving NLP/IR problems
- Strong analytical and research skills; clear evidence of innovation, creativity and a positive thinker
- Demonstrated engineering experience (3+ years) integrating AI models into production web backends using Java or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Knowledge of Dutch and other languages is a bonus)
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Preferably experience with technology in an education setting
- Preferably experience in a business-to-business environment
- A competitive salary
- Twenty-five holiday days, based on a full-time assignment.
- A hybrid working environment; 2-3 days per week at the office in Amsterdam.
- Free lunch every day. We don’t eat behind our desks but take a break to have a Dutch lunch together at the kitchen table.
- Regular drinks or events with the team.
- Opportunities for growth and development within the company.
- An amazing ride in scaling a business and being part of a winning team.
- Make an impact on our products to make an impact on education.
We aim to create an environment where every employee can develop and reach their full potential. You will have a high degree of autonomy and work partly from home and partly in the office. There is plenty of room for creativity and to make an impact on our offering. We are not a feature factory; the company culture is open, and we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze, you will be working at an award-winning scaleup. We have won multiple awards for our social impact and potential to disrupt.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the global education sector and have a proven track record of success, we want to hear from you with a well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze. This will put you at the top of the list. Contact us at email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023 (AoE)
NB: No recruiters. We only deal with individuals.