Director Strategic Partnerships
Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information online that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students and professionals have demonstrated improved learning outcomes. Come and join us in selling the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every learner.
Wizenoze is an award-winning startup in its scale-up phase. We develop software that enables students (+7 yrs) to find the best content online that matches a curriculum and their reading ability - raising their educational performance. We use the latest technology in natural language processing and machine learning to classify and adapt content in our search engines.
We are looking for a Director Strategic Partnerships for the UK and our International customers. With responsibility for selling our products into enterprise partnerships in the B2B market.
What do we offer?
As the Director Strategic Partnerships you will be able to define a sales strategy to build the company from growth to exponential growth stage (+200% YoY). As a highly valued member of the senior team, reporting to the COO and CEO, a rewards package will be offered that fits the phase of the organisation and is based on a combination of a fixed salary and a sales performance. In addition, after 6 months of successful delivery, an option package can be discussed. You will get 25 holiday days and a flexible working environment.
Responsibilities and duties
- This position will assess, plan, build, and execute on a strategy to drive new partner relations, ultimately bolstering and extending the reach of Wizenoze strategic portfolio of edtech products in the K12 and Vocational markets internationally.
- Mapping the market of prospective partners and manage pipeline of partnership opportunities with the key decision-makers in B2B & B2C education vertical as well as Ministeries of Education globally.
- Own the entire sales process from outreach, negotiation, developing and presenting solution-oriented programmes that meet the needs of the client.
- In collaboration with the Board, consistently evaluating and assessing the strategic and financial/value impact of potential opportunities with prospective partners, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses based on smart P&L management.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to execute on all elements of the partnership life cycle: scoping of opportunities, framing of value, negotiation of term sheets and contracts, implementation and optimization.
- An entrepreneurial approach to business – demonstrating initiative and proactivity, be able to identify problems, make recommendations and follow through with solutions.
- The role holder should be able to work well in an ambiguous environment and feel comfortable to master complexity in a dynamic, fast-paced, global edtech environment
- Obsessed with closing deals.
- Experience in managing and creating executive relationships.
- Strategic thinker - analytic skills and affinity with numbers to do some deep dive (sale) analytics.
- Be a ruthless prioritiser while balancing the needs of Wizenoze, customers, and stakeholders.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to the table.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and social skills. You will be often the ‘face’ of the company, meeting customers and key stakeholders.
- Internal, cross-functional communication, and collaboration. You will be working with tech, sales, customers, users, and have to be comfortable speaking the language of each and coordinating across teams.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to all aspects of your work.
- Good understanding of (EdTech) technology, based on AI fundamentals.
- Personal traits
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven.
- A born leader.
- Charismatic and persuasive, showing passion and self-belief in the products you are selling, persuasive and confident, with empathy and patience.
- Educated to an Honours degree level.
- 10+ years senior sales experience.
- Significant network of influencers - particularly within the education sector.
- Measurable track record of significant sales deals.
- Experience of writing customer proposals for significant deals and grants for significant amounts.
The Team and Culture
We are an international team of educators, scientists, commercials, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We truly believe in only ‘hiring the best’. Our strategic office is in London with our HQ in Amsterdam and a brand new office in Delhi, India. We aim to create an environment in which every employee can thrive and unlock their full potential. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be able to impact the lives of learners worldwide. The company culture is open and non-hierarchical; we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze you will be working in an award-winning start-up. We have been awarded multiple times for our societal impact and our potential to disrupt.
Read more about our values and culture on About us.
A well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. Please contact us at email@example.com.
NB: No recruiters or companies. We only deal with individuals.