Data & Applied Intelligence Strategy Manager
Do you want to be a Data & Applied Intelligence Strategy Manager for a revolutionary EdTech product? This is a crucial position in the company that will help Wizenoze and our customers succeed.
Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps learners discover information that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students have demonstrated improved learning outcomes. Come and join us in creating the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every student.
Wizenoze is an award-winning scale-up. Our best asset is our team. We are a diverse mix of smart people from multiple nationalities with backgrounds in education, technology, science, and commerce. We work with motivated individuals who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work.
Your main responsibility as Data & Applied Intelligence Strategy Manager to help make our company success even better, using the wealth of data that Wizenoze generates and using external information in combination with analytical skills. You’ll help ideate our next big data-driven, AI-powered approach, and use your experience and expertise to help put them into production.
Why Applied Intelligence? Because we love using data to tell a story. We’re building a new team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. We love solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brainpower, and deep knowledge of the Education (Technology) sector. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses and disrupt the way we learn. Want to join our team of sharp analytical minds?
You are based in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) or in London (UK). We have offices in Amsterdam, London, and New Delhi and are remote-friendly.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Bring data-driven and evidence-based decision-making to our strategy.
- Addressing issues where datasets are not collected, are collected in multiple places, or do not connect to other datasets. Translating these issues into requirements and embedding them into an overall strategic analysis process.
- Creating a shared organisational understanding of the data we do/should/could collect, how to manage it, and how to utilise it to drive improved outcomes.
- Develop compelling stories through dashboards, analytical tools, or decks to provide data-driven guidance to senior leadership.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis and experience analysing large datasets.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with a highly proactive attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate the results of analyses to a non-technical audience.
- Partner with developers, sales, and product team to deploy analytics to deliver business value and define approaches to embed and scale analytics.
Key Characteristics of a successful candidate
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional integration/relationships and program execution.
- Demonstrated success of defining and measuring business growth and productivity KPIs concentrated around proving benefits of Enterprise Data Management.
- Ability to drive large-scale change/projects and lead enterprise-wide transition management efforts.
- Expert level project/program management skills. Lean process design experience preferred.
- Comfortable in making decisions without consensus, but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand.
- Experience in driving the data analysis during Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Knowledgeable of and passionate about the education (technology) sector.
- A skilled negotiator who can persuade and build alignment with stakeholders.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to develop pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or an equivalent quantitative study.
- 10+ years of experience as a data analyst or strategy consultant.
- Knowledge of the EdTech sector is a huge pro.
- Experience in learning analytics and educational data mining.
- Desirable requirement: knowledge of CRM, SQL, Tableau, R, Python, and AWS.
- An understanding of database technologies e.g. ETL, NoSQL, data warehousing, and Big Data technologies e.g. Apache Hadoop/Mahout/Pig/Hive/Spark ML, etc.
- An understanding of statistical modeling techniques e.g. classification and regression techniques. Confident with a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Out-of-the-box thinking and initiative: hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset.
- Native familiarity with the CRM data, analytics, and systems landscape.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder matrix and manage priorities.
- Ability to set a forward-looking vision, lead, and inspire at all levels of an organisation.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
What will we give you?
- Closely working together with the Management Team.
- A generous rewards package that fits the phase of the organisation.
- After 6 months of successful delivery, an option package can be discussed.
- 25 holiday days, based on a full time assignment.
- A flexible working environment.
- An amazing ride in scaling a business and being part of a winning team. Read more about our values and culture at About us.
A well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. Please contact us at Jobs@wizenoze.com.
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.