Content Curator and Configurator
Are you driven to create great quality digital products? Do you have attention to detail in how you work? Do you want to work in a great Startup environment? This is a new position in the company to help us build and deliver great quality digital products.
Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students have demonstrated improved learning outcomes. Come and join us in creating the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every student.
At Wizenoze we have the world's largest online collection of trusted learning resources. We then match the best resources to school curriculum and vocational courses. As a source configurator, you will be part of a team that helps build and maintain our collection. You will help ensure our learners are matched with the best possible learning materials.
Wizenoze is an award-winning startup in its scale-up phase. Our best asset is our team. We are a diverse mix of smart people from 10 nationalities with backgrounds in education, technology, science, and commerce.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for:
- Identifying new educational content
- Work with our internal tools to configure and add this content to our collection
- Use our internal tools to match results to curriculum and courses
- Work together to ensure our quality standards for all content
- Ensure our collection is always fresh and relevant
- Help identify bottlenecks and pain points in our processes as we scale.
- Build and maintain everything with the end user in mind, ensure what we deliver is the best quality match for the learners needs
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide support and documentation
A configurator works mainly with 2 internal tools. One for managing our collection, and one for matching our collection to curriculum/courses. You will be part of our quality and test team, to support the development of our internal and external apps.
Tasks in managing our collection
- Interpret and evaluate test results; and improve extraction of text and images
- Interpret and evaluate which pages are shown (or not shown) as results in our Custom Search Engines
- Adjust source configurations
- Interpret warnings and follow up on them
- Tasks in curriculum matching
Help in setting up Curriculums
- Monitor proper functioning of the internal tools, suggest improvements
- Test new features and report on it
- Testing our product frontend outcomes.
Having experience in one or more of these is highly desirable:
- Information professional, education background, software testing or related field
- Understanding of informational needs in education
- Able to identify quality content on the web
- Feeling comfortable with bits of simple code to adapt; or willing to learn; (HTML, Xpath (1/2), Regular Expressions)
- Basic knowledge of web crawling process or willingness to learn
- Comfortable working with browser dev tools
- Software testing skills and experience
- Good communication skills
- Interest in educational content and motivated to work on a product for students as you will spend a good amount of your time on educational websites
- Able to work from our office in central Amsterdam (post-corona times)
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- "Developers Mindset", problem-solving thinking. A big part of the work will be to manually find solutions that could not be solved by automated processes.
- Self-motivated and proactive; you need to be able to organize and structure your working time and tasks partially yourself.
- Passionate about bringing quality products to market and ensuring their success.
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Great attention to detail, but work at speed
- Curious, we want to get better every day
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain.
We aim to create an environment in which every employee can thrive and unlock their full potential. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be able to impact the lives of learners worldwide. The company culture is open and non-hierarchical; we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze you will be working in an award-winning start-up. We have been awarded multiple times for our societal impact and our potential to disrupt.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, or religion. All you need is a passion for education and technology and a desire to impact the way people learn..
What will we give you
- Exciting work environment with great growth prospects
- A position that can contribute greatly to the quality of our product
- 25 holiday days, based on a full time assignment
- A flexible working environment, remote working available
- A full time position
- Starting ASAP
A well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. Please contact us at email@example.com.
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.