Are you looking to work on challenging projects, with a motivated team, while building technology that can change the world?
WizeNoze is a growth-stage startup which develops software that enables students to find educational content online that matches their interests and abilities. We use natural language processing and machine learning to classify and adapt content in our search engines. You’ll be responsible for site reliability along with the CTO. Everything from defining system architecture to working out tough performance problems across our AWS systems.
We’re open to remote work in time zones within two hours of Amsterdam (GMT+1/CEST).
We are an international team of educators, scientists, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our HQ is in Amsterdam, our strategic office is in London but we come from all over the word: South Africa, Hungary, Greece, France, the UK and the Netherlands. We work as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Our development team is smart, small and close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. We have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre code. We focus on agile development, automated testing, and continuous deployment to get code to customers as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest quality.
- Manage, monitor, secure, and optimise our SaaS systems on AWS.
- Help define systems architecture, by balancing cost, performance, security, and reliability.
- Debug difficult production problems related to performance, etc. down to the code level if necessary.
- Create performance and security guidelines for our developers
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years experience in site reliability engineering, mostly on AWS
- Amazon Web Services experience across EC2, Route53, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticsearch Service, SQS, RDS, IAM
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and social skills
- Elasticsearch experience and extensive knowledge on tuning, monitoring, and managing clusters
- Java stack experience (Groovy would be good too), with a focus on optimisation and monitoring
- SQL and MySQL working knowledge
- System monitoring using Prometheus, Kibana, Sentry, Klipfolio, etc.
- CI with Jenkins
- Python experience beneficial as most of our devops scripts are written in it
- Klipfolio and other dashboard building experience a plus
- Experience working in an agile development process
- A computer science or related degree is a bonus
- Attention to detail
- Take pride in your work
- Take responsibility for your work throughout its lifecycle
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
- Curious. Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly
- Consistent and organised
- Timely and eloquent communicator
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Like to work in a startup environment
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please apply with a customised cover letter and CV to email@example.com