Are you looking to work on selling technology that can change the way the world is educated online, with high profile projects and with a motivated team?
Wizenoze is an award-winning growth-stage startup. We develop software that enables students (6-21) to find content online that matches their reading ability – raising their educational performance. We use the latest technology in natural language processing and machine learning to classify and adapt content in our search engines.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Manager based in the UK. With responsibility for selling our products into enterprise partnerships in the UK B2B market.
What do we offer?
As the Senior Sales Manager for the UK market, you will be able to define a sales strategy to build the company from growth to scale stage. As a highly valued member of the senior team, a rewards package based on a combination of a fixed salary and a sales performance will be offered. In addition, after 6 months of successful delivery, an option package can be discussed.
We are an international team of educators, scientists, commercials, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We truly believe in only ‘hiring the best’. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our strategic office is in Shoreditch, London with our HQ in Amsterdam. The team members come from all over the world: South Africa, Hungary and the UK, and The Netherlands. We work as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via tools like Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Our team is small and close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. We have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre products. We only sell through significant partnerships that will enable us to scale quickly and deeply across schools, colleges, and libraries. We focus on agile development (both for product and sales development) via a rapid prototyping methodology.
Responsibilities and duties
- Seeking out major (enterprise) UK clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers in the education industry
- Forging relationships with new clients at Executive/Board level
- Identifying valuable emerging markets, continuously widening the leads pipeline
- Accurately forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
- Maximising company profit
- Foreseeing and avoiding stagnation in the marketplace
- Writing customer proposals and contracts, as well as, grant applications
- Take responsibility for each sale lifecycle – from lead to opportunity through to closure and ongoing customer account support
- Establishing clear and robust procedures to keep track of leads and opportunities using the company CRM system
- Experience in closing, managing and creating sales contracts.
- Analytic skills and affinity with numbers to do some deep dive (sale) analytics.
- Excellent presentation skills to effectively influence future buying behaviour – at external meetings, as well as, large trade shows and education conferences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and social skills. You will be often the ‘face’ of the company, meeting customers and key stakeholders, so you need to be able to communicate effectively and deal with conflicting opinions in a professional manner
- Excellent writing skills. You will write external facing proposals and contracts in line with company policy. As well as grant applications.
- Internal, cross-functional communication and collaboration. You will be working with tech, sales, customers, users, and have to be comfortable speaking the language of each and coordinating across teams.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to all aspects of your work.
- Be a ruthless prioritiser while balancing the needs of Wizenoze, customers, and stakeholders.
- Charismatic and persuasive, showing passion and self belief in the products you are selling, persuasive and confident, with empathy and patience.
- Educated to an Honours degree level.
- 10+ years senior sales experience.
- Significant network of influencers – particularly within the education sector.
- Measurable track record of significant sales deals.
- Experience of writing customer proposals for significant deals and grants for significant amounts.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A well-thought out cover letter explaining why you fit the above requirements well and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: No recruitment agencies. We only deal with individuals.