Senior Product Manager
Are you looking to work on challenging projects, with a motivated team, while building technology that can change the world? Do you want to join an award winning startup in their scale-up phase? Do you want to give students all over the world access to a prosperous future?
WizeNoze is a growth-stage startup which develops software that enables students to find content online that matches their interests and abilities. Our mission is to help close the global Readability Gap. You’ll be responsible for envisioning, developing, and testing products that will improve how students discover and interact with the online world. Read here more about our mission.
We’re looking for a senior product manager in the UK or the Netherlands. It will be a remote position in the UK or office-based in the Netherlands with a fair amount of travel between the UK and the Netherlands. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of ten or more years in a product management role.
Your skills & responsibilities
Ideation and validation
- Gain a deep understanding of customer and user experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer and user experience and drive growth.
- Wireframing and prototyping. Working closely with tech team and UX/UI designer to build live-data prototypes as needed.
- User research. User-testing and profiling. Work with our user researchers and tech team to define prototype tests, feature tests, A/B testing, etc. and execute them.
- Interviewing skills. Able to interview customers and users using empathy and non-leading questions to discover requirements and validate product ideas effectively.
Strategy and implementation
- Strategy planning. Short-term and long-term vision that is adaptable to market realities.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, prototypes, and MVPs.
- Product validation with MVPs and user testing.
Product launch, post-release and sales support
- Data analysis. Must be comfortable with analytics. Be able to pinpoint key metrics to measure and report on, in order to test the impact of products and features. Comfortable with tools like spreadsheets, query languages, Google Analytics, Kibana, etc. to explore data and support data-driven decisions.
- Sales and services enablement. Making sure that the sales and services people in the company thoroughly understand the product, to do their jobs better.
- Cross-functional communication, collaboration, and management skills.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to your communication.
- Be able to say “no,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand.
- Be a ruthless prioritiser while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Likes to work in a growth-stage startup/scale-up environment.
- Passionate about bringing the best possible products to market and ensuring their success.
- Persuasive and confident, with empathy and patience.
- Curious. Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly.
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain.
We are an international team of educators, scientists, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our HQ is in Amsterdam, but we come from all over the word: South Africa, Hungary, Greece, France, the UK and the Netherlands. We work as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Our development team is small and close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. We have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre code. We focus on agile development, automated testing, and continuous deployment to get code to customers as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest quality.
A well-thought out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities, and want to work for Wizenoze, will put you at the top of the list. Please contact us at email@example.com.
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.