Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information online that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students and professionals have demonstrated improved learning outcomes. Come and join us in selling the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every learner.
Wizenoze is an award-winning startup in its scale-up phase. We develop software that enables students (+7 yrs) to find content online that matches their reading ability – raising their educational performance. We use the latest technology in natural language processing and machine learning to classify and adapt content in our search engines.
We are looking for a Commercial Director based in the UK. With responsibility for selling our products into enterprise partnerships in the UK market.
What do we offer?
As the Commercial Director for the UK market, you will be able to define a sales strategy to build the company from growth to exponential growth stage. As a highly valued member of the senior team, a rewards package will be offered that fits the phase of the organisation and is based on a combination of a fixed salary and a sales performance. In addition, after 6 months of successful delivery, an option package can be discussed. You will get 25 holiday days and a flexible working environment.
We are an international team of educators, scientists, commercials, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We truly believe in only ‘hiring the best’. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our strategic office is in London with our HQ in Amsterdam. The team members come from all over the world: South Africa, Nigeria, India, the UK, and The Netherlands. We work as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via tools like Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Our team is close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. We have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre products. We only sell through significant partnerships that will enable us to scale quickly and deeply across schools, colleges, and libraries. We focus on agile development (both for product and sales development) via a rapid prototyping methodology.
Responsibilities and duties
- Seeking out major (enterprise) UK clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers in the education industry
- Forging relationships with new clients at Executive/Board level
- Identifying valuable emerging markets, continuously widening the leads pipeline
- Accurately forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
- Maximising company profit
- Foreseeing and avoiding stagnation in the marketplace
- Writing customer proposals and contracts, as well as, grant applications
- Take responsibility for each sale lifecycle – from lead to opportunity through to closure and ongoing customer account support
- Establishing clear and robust procedures to keep track of leads and opportunities using the company CRM system
- Obsessed with closing deals.
- Experience in managing and creating executive relationships.
- Strategic thinker – analytic skills and affinity with numbers to do some deep dive (sale) analytics.
- Be a ruthless prioritiser while balancing the needs of Wizenoze, customers, and stakeholders.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to the table.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and social skills. You will be often the ‘face’ of the company, meeting customers and key stakeholders.
- Internal, cross-functional communication, and collaboration. You will be working with tech, sales, customers, users, and have to be comfortable speaking the language of each and coordinating across teams.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to all aspects of your work.
- Understand technology
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven.
- Charismatic and persuasive, showing passion and self-belief in the products you are selling, persuasive and confident, with empathy and patience.
- Educated to an Honours degree level.
- 10+ years senior sales experience.
- Significant network of influencers – particularly within the education sector.
- Measurable track record of significant sales deals.
- Experience of writing customer proposals for significant deals and grants for significant amounts.
How to apply
A well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: No recruiters or companies. We only deal with individuals.