Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students have demonstrated improved learning outcomes. Come and join us in creating the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every student.
Wizenoze is an award-winning startup in its scale-up phase. Our best asset is our team. We are a diverse mix of smart people from multiple nationalities with backgrounds in education, technology, science and commerce. We work with motivated individuals who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work.
We want you to lead the design of our platform and applications while we scale to reach over 3 million users in the next 12 months, and many more beyond.
We are looking for a part-time Design Director who will shape and develop our user experience and user interfaces, based on a solid design system resulting in beautiful application interfaces that foster discovery of educational information and that enhance the learning experience.
Besides offering APIs to integrate Wizenoze content and technology into our customer’s platforms we are now making the strategic choice to build our own user platform, with a vision to create completely new ways to interact with educational content. You will be involved in every aspect where design is effective in creating an intuitive and familiar user experience for a wide range of users. You will be part of a strong team comprising product experts, software development, data science, and educational specialists.
We have offices in Amsterdam and London and are remote-friendly.
Your skills & responsibilities
- Platform Experience
- Create a platform learners and teachers love to use that is intuitive, interactive and world-class in its design.
- Work closely within our product team to deliver design solutions for user needs and use-cases.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of design experience from platform to brand identity. With specific and demonstrable experience in visual design and UI/UX design. Come and show us your portfolio!
- You will be responsible for helping communicate our products to our customers and help create demos, tutorials and other onboarding materials that help users and customers understand the value of our platform and products and what it is like to use them.
- Conceptualize and develop the brand to match the company vision and values and product portfolio.
Strategy and implementation
- Develop a visual user journey with the platform that takes users on an engaging journey that is proven to help them learn and provides insights to drive strategic thinking.
- Create a unified and consistent design language and experience across all our user touchpoints.
Product launch, post-release and sales support
- Focus on user journey improvements and working to create design solutions for user stories and needs.
- Transform the user experience so it engages users to learn more.
- Work with user feedback and team members to make data driven design decisions.
- Develop A-B design options that can be tested with users.
- Develop onboarding materials as needed based on team needs and customer requests.
- Experience in designing digital products for children.
- Experience as a Lead Designer for a B2B or B2C product with over 1 million users.
- Experience developing both B2C and B2B brands and designs.
- Experience in platform building with multiple access layers.
- Understand technology and how products are specified and built.
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Bring evidence-based/user focused decision-making to your communication.
- Comfortable in making decisions without consensus, but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand.
- Be a ruthless prioritiser while balancing the needs of users and stakeholders.
- Specialist in designing across multiple devices from mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Experience working with product managers and developers to deliver great experiences.
- Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users.
- Expert in design and prototyping tools.
- Passionate about bringing the best possible products to market and ensuring their success.
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven.
- Persuasive and confident, with empathy and patience.
- Curious. Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly.
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain.
We aim to create an environment in which every employee can thrive and unlock their full potential. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be able to impact the lives of learners worldwide. The company culture is open and non-hierarchical; we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze you will be working in an award-winning start-up. We have been awarded multiple times for our societal impact and our potential to disrupt.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, or religion. All you need is a passion for education and technology and a desire to impact the way people learn.
What will we give you
- We are flexible in how we contract this assignment and will consider freelancers, retainers and part-time staff.
- Great growth opportunities within a fast-growing company.
- A position as a highly valued member of the Product Team.
- A flexible working environment.
A well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. Please also include a portfolio of your work. Please contact us at email@example.com.
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.