Are you passionate about creating exceptional user experiences that positively impact educators and learners? Do you have a strong UI/UX design and user research background? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a UI/UX Designer.
For our office in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Mid-level UI/UX Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team on a part-time basis (20-24 hours per week). An ideal candidate should have experience in planning and conducting user research and usability testing, with a passion for creating excellent experiences and interfaces to help us elevate our educational solutions.
As a part-time Mid-level UI/UX Designer you’ll be instrumental in creating exceptional user experiences for our educational products. Your role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, conducting user research, designing experiences and interfaces, and ensuring the timely delivery of solutions.
- Collaborating with other UI and UX designers, product managers, and developers to design excellent experiences and interfaces;
- Creating wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, and design specifications;
- Participating in the planning and conducting of usability testing and user research;
- Organising and participating in brainstorming sessions and user experience workshops;
- Providing and receiving feedback on the proposed UX and UI solutions;
- Working closely with the development team to ensure the implementation quality and timely delivery;
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of our design system.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- 3+ years of experience in UX/UI design roles, preferably within the EdTech industry;
- Proficiency in design tooling such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Passionate about designing outstanding experiences and interfaces using design thinking and a human-centred design approach;
- Solid understanding of core design principles and the ability to translate user insights into actionable design solutions;
- Experience in planning and undertaking user research and testing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch;
- The high degree of personal responsibility over designated duties;
- You are able to work in an agile environment;
- Living and working in The Netherlands.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the education sector through innovative technology;
- Fixed-term 6-month contract on a part-time basis (20-24 hours per week);
- Opportunity for contract extension available;
- A competitive salary;
- A hybrid working environment; 1-2 days per week at the office in Amsterdam;
- Free lunch every day. We don’t eat behind our desks but take a break to have a Dutch lunch together at the kitchen table;
- Regular drinks or events with the team;
- An amazing ride in scaling a business and being part of a winning team;
- Make an impact on our products to make an impact on education.
We aim to create an environment where every employee can develop and reach their full potential. You will have a high degree of autonomy and work partly from home and partly in the office. There is plenty of room for creativity and to make an impact on our offering. We are not a feature factory; the company culture is open, and we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze, you will be working at an award-winning scaleup. We have won multiple awards for our social impact and potential to disrupt.
Join our dynamic and innovative team to make a real difference in the education technology field. You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that impact educators and learners worldwide, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and contribute to the growth of our design capabilities.
If you’re ready to take your UI/UX design expertise to the next level and shape the future of EdTech, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you’re excited about this opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: No recruiters. We only deal with individuals.