Wizenoze are looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent interpersonal skills for maintaining and improving their crawling and curation tools. You will troubleshoot crawling and configuration issues, provide timely feedback, record/diagnose, and use various tools or trawl through systems, among other duties.
You will support our content curation team in their effort to identify, collect and harvest great online resources for education. You will be working with our Source Management Application, Content Curation and Web Crawler tools. Each of these have a significant impact on our solutions for our clients and require support to monitor and keep running around the clock.
Moreover, in this role you will need to talk to internal teams and individuals directly, as well as create written documentation, requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
If you are a java developer, who likes working with unstructured and unpredictable web data; if you enjoy debugging issues on individual crawled pages, but also can help identify patterns that happen across pages; if you like finding root cause fixes rather than applying bandages; if you have strong analytical and problem- solving skills and want an opportunity to grow in a role and own the solutions; then you need to apply.
This is a hybrid, Amsterdam based role; we expect you to split your hours between working from our office and from home. Depending on where you are in your career, it can be either a full-time position or as a side-job next to your studies.
- Strong understanding of web technologies and how interactions occur.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Resolving Website traffic related issues (debugging HTTP status codes, security issues, etc).
- Speaking to key personnel within Wizenoze, to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Providing timely and accurate internal feedback.
- Working with internal team members and working through a series of actions to resolve a problem.
- Following up with internal teams to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Formal education in computer science or information technology.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Opensearch is an advantage.
- Understanding of XPath, Boilerplate, XML and JSON an advantage.
- Knowledge on project management tools such as Asana or alternatives.
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or AWS is advantageous.
- Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.