Do you want to energise the minds of today to be ready for their future? Come and join us in creating the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every student.
Wizenoze aims to change the way students learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students have demonstrated improved learning outcomes.
Wizenoze is an award-winning scale-up. Our best asset is our team. We are a diverse and international mix of smart people with backgrounds in education, technology, science and commerce.
Full-time, starting ASAP – You will be part of our Amsterdam based team.
As an experienced React developer, you will be part of the frontend team, creating highly flexible and developer-friendly SDKs, beautiful and easy to navigate user interfaces and efficient tools for our internal and external content curators. You will be leading the software design and architecture of new components and play a central role in redesigning and improving existing software.
Your job will be driven by data and input from the product team. All improvements come from a deeper understanding of user needs, usage data and customer feedback. We have expert users on the curator team who provide another level of input to our backlog. The close cooperation between these teams make this an exciting role in which you can really make an impact.
- Build products that impact educators and learners globally
- Architect and build responsive and user-friendly single-page web applications with complex state management hidden behind beautiful UX/UI
- Architect and build developer-friendly SDKs to be used on customer platforms
- Set architectural and software design guidelines to maintain code quality and avoid technical debt overload
- Automate testing so we can move quickly and refactor safely with confidence
- Help the backend team design simple and developer-friendly APIs for internal and external use
- Collaborate with product to find creative solutions for user needs and product features
- Structure repos well using webpack, babel, and npm. to ensure CI/CD is simple and code is well structured for both development and deployment needs
- Build reusable libraries to be shared between frontend apps
- Monitor performance and errors of the applications
- Effectively communicate results
- Passionate about software, technology and education
- 8+ years proven experience architecting, delivering and maintaining production-ready software
- Great at architecting and building responsive and user-friendly single-page applications in React/Redux, RiotJS, JQuery, Webpack, HTML5, CSS, SCSS, LESS,
- Experience with build tools like Webpack, Babel, NPM
- Good understanding of common user interface patterns and pitfalls
- Able to reduce complex user interaction flows into crystal clear user interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Knowledge of Dutch and other languages is a bonus)
- Willing and able to relocate to Amsterdam
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Preferably experience with technology in an education setting
- Preferably experience in a business-to-business environment
We aim to create an environment in which every employee can thrive and unlock their full potential. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be able to impact the lives of learners worldwide. The company culture is open and non-hierarchical; we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze you will be working in an award-winning scale-up. We have been awarded multiple times for our societal impact and our potential to disrupt.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, or religion. All you need is a passion for education and technology and a desire to impact the way people learn.
What we offer
- Work on state of the art technology with a societal impact;
- Be part of a team who bring their A+ game, everyday
- Contribute to the education experience of learners worldwide;
- Diverse and international team;
- An excellent growth perspective;
- A flexible working environment;
- Hybrid working; split your working week between our office in downtown Amsterdam and your home;
- 25 vacation days
Do you want to energise the minds of today to be ready for their future? Send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Senior Frontend developer”.
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.