Do you want to energise the minds of today to be ready for their future? Do you want to work on innovative NLP and IR to revolutionise education? Come and join us in creating the best products to unlock the full potential of each and every student.
Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students have demonstrated improved learning outcomes.
Wizenoze is an award-winning scale-up. Our best asset is our team. We are a diverse and international mix of smart people with backgrounds in education, technology, science and commerce.
Full-time, starting ASAP – You will be part of our Amsterdam based team.
As an experienced research engineer, you will be part of the science team, working on new technology to collect, classify and organise information. You will build machine learning, natural language processing and information retrieval models to sort the content by reading age, content type and educational value. You will analyse content to find smarter matches and better connections between documents. Your job will be driven by data and input from the product team. All improvements come from a deeper understanding of user needs, usage data and customer feedback. We have expert users on the curator team who provide another level of input to our algorithms. The close cooperation between these teams make this an exciting role in which you can really make an impact.
- Build products that impact educators and learners globally
- Investigate, develop, test and maintain state-of-the-art Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval technology
- Work with large amounts of online educational resources
- Actively contribute to the development of the science and product roadmap
- Collaborate with product to find creative solutions for user needs and product features
- Collaborate with curation to combine human and machine intelligence to source and label content
- Effectively communicate results
- Passionate about science, technology and education
- MSc or PhD in Information retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or related field
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and modern AI
- Professional experience solving NLP/IR problems
- Strong analytical and research skills; clear evidence of innovation, creativity and a positive thinker
- Demonstrated experience with Java (3+ years). Writing production web backends in Java
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Knowledge of Dutch and other languages is a bonus)
- Willing and able to relocate to Amsterdam
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Preferably experience with technology in an education setting
- Preferably experience in a business-to-business environment
We aim to create an environment in which every employee can thrive and unlock their full potential. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be able to impact the lives of learners worldwide. The company culture is open and non-hierarchical; we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze you will be working in an award-winning scale-up. We have been awarded multiple times for our societal impact and our potential to disrupt.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, or religion. All you need is a passion for education and technology and a desire to impact the way people learn.
What we offer
- Gross salary of €3500-€5500 per month, depending on experience
- Work on state of the art technology with a societal impact;
- Be part of a team who bring their A+ game, everyday
- Contribute to the education experience of learners worldwide;
- Diverse and international team;
- An excellent growth perspective;
- A flexible working environment;
- Hybrid working; split your working week between our office in downtown Amsterdam and your home;
- 25 vacation days
Do you want to energise the minds of today to be ready for their future? Send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com with subject “Research Engineer”.
NB: No recruiters or body shops. We only deal with individuals.